About Me

My photo
United States
Hi. My name is, Taylor Augustine. I am seventeen. I have started reading and I thought it would be cool to try start a book blog.(:

Friday, December 23, 2011

Perfect by Natasha Friend

  • Title: Perfect
  • Author: Natasha Friend
  • Publisher:  Milkweed Editions
  • Pages: 232
Isabelle’s(Isabelle is 13)  sister catches her throwing up her dinner one night and tattles to their mother, Isabelle finds herself spending every Wednesday evening at an eating disorder support group.  When Ashley Barnum, the most popular girl in Isabelle’s class, shows up at group one evening, Isabelle starts to think that maybe “perfect” isn’t so perfect after all. Isabelle starts to leave her friends in the lunch room to go sit with Ashley and all of Ashley’s friends. Isabelle starts spending a lot of time with Ashely. Isabelle’s dad has passed away and her mother is crying all the time. Her younger sister is so annoying to Isabelle. I enjoyed reading this book. I think teens can relate to it very easy. It is a must read!
 

1 comment:

  1. Taylor-

    I loved this book, too. It tells the true account of how a teen girl's can spin out of control so fast. I would also like to read other books by Natasha-did you check them out?

    Shannon
    http://extremereadingandwriting.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete